* John Baldwin ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> > lock order reversal 1st 0xc185e934 filedesc structure @
> > /usr/src/sys/kern/kern_descrip.c:925
> > 2nd 0xc0419b00 Giant @ /usr/src/sys/kern/kern_descrip.c:959
>
> This one is due to not releasing the filedesc lock when grabbing Giant to free
> oldofile in fdalloc().

Is that going to cause data loss? I also saw messages like these:

/var: lost blocks 62 files 8

> > The panics moan about a kernel trap and some mutex stuff involving
> > Giant. It only happens when I start Samba.
>
> Having the actual panic messages would be very helpful here.

It crashed very reproducable with this panic (hand copied):

exclusive (sleep mutex) Giant (0xc0462c00) locked @ /usr/src/sys/i386/i386/trap.c:1102
panic: system call pwrite returning with mutex(s) held

Debugger("panic")
panic: kernel trap doesn't have ucred

Cheers,
Emiel
--
So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in
praise of intelligence.