> > Here's the box:
> >
> > Asus CUV4X-D mainboard, VIA 694X, dual-capable
> > 2x P3-933, 768MB PC133 RAM in 3 DIMM(s)
> > Two IBM IC35L 60.1GB disks on first IDE
> > Pioneer DVD-A05SZ on second IDE
> > Two IBM IC35L 60.1GB on Promise Fasttrak TX2
> > (PDC20268/70) in RAID0
> >
> > How do I dump the dmesg when it crashs into the
> > debugger?
>
> With a current kernel from before you found it
> failed ?

No, first time I compiled a -CURRENT.

I finally pulled the Promise out and it boots. Since I
need it for some Windows apps on the same box I put it
back in and commented some lines in ata driver
regarding the detection of Promise Fasttrak
controllers and it boots now w/o detecting it.

The -CURRENT kernel runs fine so far.

/tso