On 27-Feb-2002 (23:17:15/GMT) Scott Long wrote:

> Is the umass device compiled into the kernel, or loaded as a
> module?  If it's a module, is it loaded before you attach the
> drive?  The usb daemon isn't smart enough yet to load it...

Now I have all compiled in.  Something happens...

-----8<-----[ from my kernel ]-----8<-----
options         DEBUG           #Guess  :)

# SCSI peripherals
device          scbus           # SCSI bus (required)
device          da              # Direct Access (disks)
device          pass            # Passthrough device (direct SCSI access)

# USB support
device          uhci            # UHCI PCI->USB interface
device          usb             # USB Bus (required)

device          ugen            # Generic
device          umass           # Disks/Mass storage - Requires scbus+da
device          uscanner        # Scanners

# Hints from Scott Long
options         USB_DEBUG
options         UGEN_DEBUG
options         UMASS_DEBUG

-----8<-----[ dmesg ]-----8<-----
uhci0: <VIA 83C572 USB controller> port 0xe400-0xe41f irq 10 \
        at device 7.2 on pci0
usb0: <VIA 83C572 USB controller> on uhci0
usb0: USB revision 1.0
uhub0: VIA UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
ugen0: ScanLogic product 0x07d1, rev 1.00/1.05, addr 2

All test with and without verbose boot, single or normal has
no differences but when I detached usb cable _after_ boot it
show up as umass0 (at least into the /var/log/messages).

Also doing a manual camcontrol rescan 0 have same results.
I attach (part of) messages (compressed), sorry for that.

Anyway, ugen0 disappear from /dev/ but _no_ umass0 appear,
only xpt0...

Riccardo.