On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:

> Julian,
>
> thank you very much for a such detailed answer :)
>
> [...]
>
> > I hope that this helps you!
>
> yes it did help :) i changed my code and it seems to work just fine.
> i wish i had SMP laptop to test it :)

Well it aint exactly SMP safe YET, until I make those changes through teh
REST of the system. There are still direct timeout() calls in several
modules that I need to change to follow my own suggestions and there are
many nodes that need to be changed to gain a lock when they first
try insert data into the graph. e.g. ng_tty, ng_ether,

(actually those two always do queueing but there are others..)
I need to sit down with Archie and go through the nodes with an eye to
locking.