At Wed, 27 Mar 2002 08:42:49 +0100,

bash-2.04$ gcc -o apci apci.c
In file included from apci.c:2:
/usr/include/machine/cpufunc.h:72: syntax error before `bsfl'
/usr/include/machine/cpufunc.h:72: syntax error before `mask'
/usr/include/machine/cpufunc.h: In function `bsfl':
/usr/include/machine/cpufunc.h:74: syntax error before `result'

I looked, apparently it doesn't like u_int. I don't know why.