"David O'Brien" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> On Sat, Mar 30, 2002 at 01:14:07PM +0100, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> > "David O'Brien" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > > Uh, why does my sequence keep changing when I just hit <return>???
> > Because it's generating fake S/Key challenges, and badly.
> Especially since RELENG_4 does NOT use OPIE.
> Who this "fake S/Key challenge" that and turned it on?

OpenSSH in RELENG_4 does use S/Key, and generates fake challenges when
the client attempts challenge-response authentication, which is what
is used for PAM.

> > No, I haven't seen it, but I've had similar reports.  It's actually a
> > bug on the server side, in older OpenSSH servers, that is exposed by
> > newer OpenSSH clients.
> Will OpenSSH 3.1 be MFC'ed soon?

Not likely.  There are a number of problems that still need fixing.

> Considering I DO want SKeyAuthentication (USENIX is comming up); what is
> the real fix?

Enable it only for servers that need it.  It used to be disabled by
default in the client, so this shouldn't make much of a difference.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - [EMAIL PROTECTED]