On Sat, 20 Apr 2002, Craig Boston wrote:

> Since -current by default uses devfs, is there a standard way to make the
> ownership/permissions of device nodes "sticky" so that they persist across
> boots?

No.

Or should we just put the appropriate commands in rc.local ?

The problem has been moved to putting them in devfs.

> Besides bpf, this would be useful, for example, for people who want to
> change permissions on cd-rom devices to 644 so that non-root users can make
> iso images (or give a special group cd burner rights).

I think you mean mode 660.  acd devices already have the insecure
permissions 644 in devfs.  These are even more insecure than they
should be, since read permission is enough to do most ioctls.

Bruce