On Fri, 26 Apr 2002 11:59:21 -0700
Marcel Moolenaar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 09:26:34PM +0300, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
>
> > I.e., if you built world a month ago, and didn't touch /usr/src
> > since, and /usr/obj has "buildworld" output for this /usr/src,
> > and you have booted with this world, it should be okay to start
> > building today's release.
>
> I share my src tree, so I almost always have a /usr/src that's not
> in sync with the /usr/obj for and on a particular machine.
>
> What goes wrong if /usr/src and /usr/obj are out of sync?
>
> --
>  Marcel Moolenaar       USPA: A-39004          [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Correct me if i'm wrong, but last time my obj and src was different,
and I tried a make installworld, the process returned errors of:

<filename> file not found

where filename was a missing file.  After a cvsup and a makebuildworld,
make install world worked fine ;)

In other words, I think you will get those errors.

--
Tom (Darklogik) Rhodes
www.FreeBSD.org  -The Power To Serve