In message: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
            Ruslan Ermilov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
: On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 01:03:00AM -0600, M. Warner Losh wrote:
: > In message: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
: >             John Baldwin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
: > :
: > : On 27-Apr-2002 Shizuka Kudo wrote:
: > : > It seems the latest commit of
: > : > sys/kern/kern_environment to current broke the reading
: > : > of system tunables set by loader.conf. This is true at
: > : > least for hw.cbb.start_mem of my cardbus bridge. With
: > : > this latest commit, the hw.cbb.start_mem sysctl still
: > : > shows the default value after boot up.
: > : >
: > : > Reverting back to version 1.22 solve my problem. Is
: > : > this unique to me?
: > :
: > : No, it seems to be broken for all environment variables
: > : on alpha.
: >
: > It is busted for me as well.  I had some not too nice words to say
: > when I discovered that :-(
: >
: This does not have any relation to my src/release/Makefile
: commit, does it?  (I'm asking because you referred one of
: the messages in that thread.)

I don't think so, because I'm building kernels in the "old-school" way
of config + make.

Warner