* Chris Hedley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [020524 10:53] wrote:
> On Fri, 24 May 2002, Mike Barcroft wrote:
> > Would it be possible for you to reproduce the source to a small
> > program that demonstrates the problem?
>
> Okay, here's a cheap'n'nasty program to demonstrate the problem; the
> revised problem seems to be that strtod() is okay with integers but if a
> period is present in the value passed to it, it returns the count of the
> digits after the period, rather oddly:

You forgot to include stdlib.h.

Please compile things with -Wall before reporting "weirdness" on
the lists.

~ % gcc -Wall t.c
t.c:4: warning: return type defaults to `int'
t.c: In function `main':
t.c:10: warning: implicit declaration of function `tolower'
t.c:10: warning: implicit declaration of function `exit'
t.c:11: warning: implicit declaration of function `strchr'
t.c:11: warning: suggest parentheses around assignment used as truth value
t.c:13: warning: implicit declaration of function `strtod'

That's from the code you posted, scary what can happen and how much
of waste of your and our time this was. :)

--
-Alfred Perlstein [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Tax deductible donations for FreeBSD: http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/