On Tue, 11 Jun 2002 13:07:03 -0400 (EDT)
John Baldwin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Yes... if you don't go through the setuid/gid family of functions. Currently,
> > the only place uifind() is called, besides change_[re]uid() is in proc0_init.  My
> > assumption was that you need to change the uidinfo only when changing
> > ucreds (either an exec or specific seteuid,etc), and that when you change ucreds
> > you always crget() a new one and not reuse the old one. So, in this case there
> > could be a maximum of 2 allocations (both on the new ucred): one for cr_uidinfo
> > and one for cr_ruidinfo.
>
> Oh, duh, you are right, it should work then.  You can implement whichever you please
> then.  I can see pros and cons cleanliness-wise of both. :)

Disregard my earlier patch. It has a bug.
Is it possible to sleep when doing a FREE()? I had assumed not, but it seems
I may be mistaken.

On which way to go:
I like your idea better, because it is less work and less bloat. Sometimes
I have to keep reminding myself: "Choose the simplest design that works."

Cheers,
Mike Makonnen