* De: "M. Warner Losh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [ Data: 2002-08-17 ]
        [ Subjecte: Re: Kernel Makefile bogon... ]
> In message: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>             Poul-Henning Kamp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> :
> : The final make in this script fails, I don't think it should.
> :
> :     #!/bin/sh
> :     set -ex
> :     rm -rf /usr/src/sys/i386/compile/GENERIC
> :     cd /usr/src/sys/i386/conf
> :     config GENERIC
> :     cd ../compile/GENERIC
> :     make depend     > _.m.0.d       2>&1
> :     make            > _.m.1         2>&1
> :     make clean      > _.m.2.c       2>&1
> :     make
> :     echo "SUCCESS"
> :
> : The error is included below.  If I run "make depend" it works, but that
> : should not be needed after a "make clean".  Some dependencies must
> : be missing somewhere.
>
> Yes.  This was broken about 3 years ago, and no one had cared enough
> to fix this case.  After a make clean, you must do a make depend.
> Definitely a bug.

Anyone have logs for what works, and what doesn't, and diff -bdwu?  Should
be easy to find the first thing that isn't being done, and work from there.
I'd volunteer to give it a go, but our FreeBSD box hasn't made it across
country just yet.
--
Juli Mallett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       | FreeBSD: The Power To Serve
Will break world for fulltime employment. | finger [EMAIL PROTECTED]