In message: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
            Juli Mallett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
: * De: "M. Warner Losh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [ Data: 2002-08-17 ]
:       [ Subjecte: Re: Kernel Makefile bogon... ]
: > In message: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
: >             Poul-Henning Kamp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
: > :
: > : The final make in this script fails, I don't think it should.
: > :
: > :   #!/bin/sh
: > :   set -ex
: > :   rm -rf /usr/src/sys/i386/compile/GENERIC
: > :   cd /usr/src/sys/i386/conf
: > :   config GENERIC
: > :   cd ../compile/GENERIC
: > :   make depend     > _.m.0.d       2>&1
: > :   make            > _.m.1         2>&1
: > :   make clean      > _.m.2.c       2>&1
: > :   make
: > :   echo "SUCCESS"
: > :
: > : The error is included below.  If I run "make depend" it works, but that
: > : should not be needed after a "make clean".  Some dependencies must
: > : be missing somewhere.
: >
: > Yes.  This was broken about 3 years ago, and no one had cared enough
: > to fix this case.  After a make clean, you must do a make depend.
: > Definitely a bug.
:
: Anyone have logs for what works, and what doesn't, and diff -bdwu?  Should
: be easy to find the first thing that isn't being done, and work from there.
: I'd volunteer to give it a go, but our FreeBSD box hasn't made it across
: country just yet.

bde has done much of this already, and has some patches.  It isn't
that simple...

Warner