On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 11:52:20AM +0200, Ted Lindgreen wrote:
> - Suspending in X freezes the system. I've not found any way
>   out of that, other than hard resetting the system.

Could you try running acpidump before and after running X?  On my
machine the ACPI tables vanish when you run X 'cos the MTRR values
somehow control the mapping of the ACPI tables. You'll know if
you're having this problem 'cos you'll see:

acpidump: Can't find ACPI information

after starting X. (I'd guess this mainly aplies to Athlon systems.)

        David.