On 04.10-15:40, fergus wrote:
> On 04.10-14:20, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> [...]
> > I suspect vinum uses this sysctl to get an inventory of disks in
> > the system, so can I get you to try again making sure you have
> > rev. 1.20 of src/sys/geom/geom_disk.c ?
[...]
> i'll let you know the test results when i have some.

same results -- can't initialise any drives.  i think the example below
points more directly to the issue but i'm pretty sure it is because the
direct read from the disk does not return a valid disklabel.  without a
'vinum' partition entry vinum spews.

+++ vinum start +++
eyore# vinum start
** no drives found: No such file or directory
--- vinum start ---