If memory serves me right, Steve Kargl wrote:

> I've noticed many commits on cvs-all include an "Approved by: re"
> line, but I haven't seen an official code slush/freeze announcement.

Feature freeze started 16 October.  New feature commits (as opposed to
bugfix or doc commits) should have RE approval.

> Is RE going to request a code freeze around 10 Nov.?

Clearly we're not adhering to the last published code-freeze date;
according to that, we would have been in code-freeze for two days
already.  The more src-oriented members of RE are probably in a better
position than I am to say when code-freeze is going to start.

Bruce.