> Here's a new patch that gives the user more of a hint at how to add PPP
> support and only loads the module if they are actully root.  How's this
> look?

I still don't like it.  How to explain....

I don't think it is pppd's responsibility to muck with
modules.  It is like mount kldloading a disk driver module.
Neither program has any business guessing which module name
goes with which device/feature.

What if I want to run ppp over ethernet over atm?  I know you
can't do this today but in general the trend should be to
make protocol modules more flexible not less.  Hardwiring
module names is analogous to making a function non-reentrant.