In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, G
erald Pfeifer writes:

>Sheesh.
>
>PHK, now we have the situation where user programs require #ifdefs
>to be portable among the BSDs when this was not required before.
>
>Please consider reverting

That has been considered, and I don't think it is a sensible solution,
unless we can get rid of the DBREG_DRX() macro which was the cause
of the evilness:

        struct dbreg {
                unsigned int  dr0;      /* debug address register 0 */
                unsigned int  dr1;      /* debug address register 1 */
                unsigned int  dr2;      /* debug address register 2 */
                unsigned int  dr3;      /* debug address register 3 */
                unsigned int  dr4;      /* reserved */
                unsigned int  dr5;      /* reserved */
                unsigned int  dr6;      /* debug status register */
                unsigned int  dr7;      /* debug control register */
        };

        #define DBREG_DRX(d,x) ((&d->dr0)[x]) /* reference dr0 - dr7 by
                                                 register number */

If you tell me that DBREG_DRX is a FreeBSD only macro, then we should
nuke it and then I will not object to going back to the previous
structure definition.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]         | TCP/IP since RFC 956