In message: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
            Sheldon Hearn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
: If the final word on this whole issue is "You can't run binaries
: compiled for 4.x-RELEASE on 5.x-RELEASE" then we should start puckering
: up.
:
: Developers tend to remember these things and you don't have to screw
: them too many times before they remove FreeBSD downloads from their web
: sites and replace them with a brief message explaining that "We don't
: have time to cope with FreeBSD's disregard for backward compatibility."
:
: At that point, whining about how they shouldn't have been fiddling with
: these symbols in the first place is bound to be a fruitless exercise.

This is why I put __sF back, and made sure that 4.x had the right
'forward compatible' libraries.  It is also why I backported the
__std{in,out,err}p symbols.  I hope that minor incompatibility within
a minor release is offset by __sF not being referencede by any more
libraries.

Warner