According to Mitsuru IWASAKI:
> BTW, I'm planning to buy VAIO (maybe used one) to improve ACPI support.
> Any recommendations?
> # Recommendation means some sort of `Sigh!  My VAIO doesn't work with
> # ACPI at all!!' :-)

The Z600TEK I have (PIII/700/jogdial) can suspend to memory (sleep mode)
but is completely hung upon resume and I can't break into DDB. All the
other functions in ACPI like thermal measures and automatic speed fallback
when I unplug the power supply works.

Suspend to disk (aka hibernation) doesn't work at all (I fugre it tries to
save into the DOS slice I've kept for that purpose).

I can't use the keys on the keyboard to do that BTW, only zzz works.

APM works although as I said, it doesn't suspend from within X.

Arigato Iwasaki-san.
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 5.0-CURRENT #80: Sun Jun  4 22:44:19 CEST 2000