Martijn Pronk wrote:

Robert Watson wrote:

The build of netncp is currently broken on 5.0-CURRENT, and I'd like to
see this fixed before 5.0-RELEASE. Unfortunately, we're having a lot of
trouble finding a test environment, which is the natural and immediate
follow-on to the compile fixes :-). Was wondering if anyone with FreeBSD
kernel debugging experience and some time on their hands was interested in
helping resolve this issue over the next week or two.

I can test this next week at work, however, I don't normally use netncp & nwfs,
so it may take me a while.

I'll get back on this next week.
I tried to build a kernel with options IPX, NCP and NWFS, but it failed with the
following error:

cc -c -O -pipe -mcpu=pentiumpro -Wall -Wredundant-decls -Wnested-externs -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline -Wcast-qual -fformat-extensions -ansi -g -nostdinc -I- -I. -I/home/src/sys -I/home/src/sys/dev -I/home/src/sys/contrib/dev/acpica -I/home/src/sys/contrib/ipfilter -D_KERNEL -include opt_global.h -fno-common -mno-align-long-strings -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -ffreestanding /home/src/sys/netncp/ncp_conn.c
In file included from /home/src/sys/netncp/ncp_conn.c:46:
/home/src/sys/netncp/ncp_conn.h:174: field `nc_lock' has incomplete type
/home/src/sys/netncp/ncp_conn.h:193: confused by earlier errors, bailing out
*** Error code 1

I guess struct lock can't be found.

I hope someone can do something with this.

HTH,

Martijn