Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> On 2002-11-27 12:55, Terry Lambert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Will this open up a security hole for a nomal user account
> > being used to compromise the domain system security?
>
> Probably 'yes'.  I haven't tried this, but I guess one could name his
> machine "Administrator".  When that username is passed around, is it
> clear that it is a machine name and not a user name?  I guess that if
> this way someone just might trick a remote SMB server that his
> username is 'Administrator' by changing his local machine's name, we
> have a problem...

That's a namespace issue... they would still need a password.
I think that a login class would fix it.  That would mean that
you could not have a user and a machine with the same name,
but if you want to be technical, doing it the other way, I
can't have a user named "Administrator$" and a machine named
"Administrator", so either waym there's a namespace incursion.

-- Terry