On Sunday 01 December 2002 08:28, Bruce Evans wrote:

> > > [root@tiamat]:/root> mount 10.0.0.11:/storage /mnt/azazel
> > > [root@tiamat]:/root> cd /mnt/azazel
> > > /mnt/azazel: Input/output error.
> >
> > This looks like a totally different problem.  I'm not sure if NFS
> > exported ext2fs partitions actually ever work.  Bruce, any input on this
> > one ?
>
> ISTR them working.  There were a lot of problems with getdirentries() but
> I thought that they were fixed.

Well, I seem to only be able to export FFS/UFS filesystems and remotely mount
them. I will do some more testing (including some loopback stuff) and try out
what works and what doesn't.

Should I keep using Maxime's latest patch (to solve the remount issues)? Or
should I bin it?

Cheers,
Emiel
--
There is a green, multi-legged creature crawling on your shoulder.