On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 09:04:22AM -0500, Chuck Robey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > Machine is a 2 processor Tyan Thunder, 1G memory, two Athlons, scsi disks
> > > and eide both.
> >
> > It's interesting that you seem to have almost same machine as I
> > have. Tyan Thunder with SCSI and ATA disks, SMP and the only
> > difference seems to be memory size, 1GB vs. 512MB. Not counting
> > network interfaces and such. I've also lost console after rebuild
> > yesterday. The kernel from Nov. 29 works. Mine (console) not locks
> > up but is simply missing from the start. Otherwise system is up and
> > running. I don't think it's coincidence, something is broken and
> > related to the Tyan mobos we have.
>
> Are you using the on-board video?  I have an extra video card, and had to
> reflash the board because before reflash, I used to have this problem.  It
> went away after reflash, and your references to the mobo reminded me.
>
> Tonight, I'll see if the video just goes back to the onboard card.

I'm not aware of any Tyan Thunder mobos which have onboard
integrated video. I have addon AGP video card, Matrox G400 with 32MB
of memory and single head. Umm, I made mistake identifying your
board as similar to mine, sorry. I _had_ Tyan Thunder (S1836
variety), but it's been replaced long ago with Tyan Thunderbolt,
S1837UANG. The original burned down because of faulty current
regulator on the mb and took one of my processors together in the
process. I'll not forget it, even after the current mb has been
working fine for two and half years. Sorry about confusion.
--

Vallo Kallaste
[EMAIL PROTECTED]