On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 10:57:36PM +1300, kit wrote:
> Hello people
>
> Having decided to play with DP2 and downloaded the iso's I have an odd
> install issue.
>
> sysinstall loads fine and in running hte standard install I get to
> the disk partioning.  However FDISK appears to remain unresponsive to
> the keyboard
> ALT-F2 works fine (and the power button gives me th option of restarting
> sysinstall or aborting - impressive) but the actual process of
> deleting the current w2k partion simply has no response.
>
> Machine is an IBM thinkpad A20m with a british keyboard and 12Gb disk
> and 256Mb memory, the disk is partioned as 4 Gb NTFS and 8 extended FAT
>
> the behaviour is the same also from the custome install FDISK menu.
>
> Interestingly the arrow keys do move between the existing partions
> some of the time but not once either A or D is selected.

OK I maust have missed something but some of the functions did work OK and I could
change type so long as I didn't try to delete the existing partions first.
By changing the type to 167 (FreeBSD) I was able to delete them and move on.
The geometry also needed to be changed from
24944/15/63 to 1559/240/63 which is what both w2k and 4.5-RELEASE reported

--kit

--
whois -h whois.gandi.net KM78-GANDI