On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 01:32:58AM +0100, Brad Knowles wrote:
> At 12:31 PM +0200 2002/12/03, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > The two machines involved are connected by a crossover cable:
>
>       I've heard of lots of problems with machines using cross-over
> cables.  Can you connect the machines through a switch, and ensure
> that they are hard-wired to 100Base-TX full duplex at both ends, as
> opposed to auto-negotiating?

Just to add to this a-la-carte selection of possibilities; I recently
debugged a NIC throughput problem which was resolved by a flash BIOS
upgrade.  This was an ASUS A7VL-VM motherboard, which appeared to do
unpleasant things to PCI IRQs.

Joshua

--
Joshua Goodall
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               "Your byte hit ratio is weak, old man"