> Are you running 5.0-RELEASE or -current? If -current, when did you
> last rebuild your kernel? Some changes were made to the linux network
> emulation in the last few days. I was testing them and didn't notice
> any problems like this, but I may have missed something.

  Sorry for not mentioning it in that last e-mail. Here's my `uname -a`:

  FreeBSD torment.storming.org 5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #0: Thu
  Feb  6 05:11:34 BRST 2003
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/torment  i386

  (Currently BRST == GMT-2, the source tree had been cvsup'd right
  before the building of the kernel)

  I'm also attaching my kernel config file, in case it should help at
  all.

  Fred

--
"Q:      What's tan and black and looks great on a lawyer?
 A:      A doberman."

machine         i386
cpu             I586_CPU
ident           TORMENT
maxusers        0

# NO_MEMORY_HOLE is an optimisation for systems with AMD K6 processors
# which indicates that the 15-16MB range is *definitely* not being
# occupied by an ISA memory hole.
#
options         NO_MEMORY_HOLE

# MAXMEM specifies the amount of RAM on the machine; if this is not
# specified, FreeBSD will first read the amount of memory from the CMOS
# RAM, so the amount of memory will initially be limited to 64MB or 16MB
# depending on the BIOS.  If the BIOS reports 64MB, a memory probe will
# then attempt to detect the installed amount of RAM.  If this probe
# fails to detect >64MB RAM you will have to use the MAXMEM option.
# The amount is in kilobytes, so for a machine with 128MB of RAM, it would
# be 131072 (128 * 1024).
#
options         MAXMEM="(256*1024)"

options         INET                    #InterNETworking
options         FFS                     #Berkeley Fast Filesystem
options         SOFTUPDATES             #Enable FFS soft updates support
options         UFS_ACL                 #Support for access control lists
options         UFS_DIRHASH             #Improve performance on big directories
options         MD_ROOT                 #MD is a potential root device
options         MSDOSFS                 #MSDOS Filesystem
options         CD9660                  #ISO 9660 Filesystem
options         PROCFS                  #Process filesystem
options         PSEUDOFS                #Pseudo-filesystem framework
options         COMPAT_43               #Compatible with BSD 4.3 [KEEP THIS!]
options         COMPAT_FREEBSD4         #Compatible with FreeBSD4
options         COMPAT_LINUX            #Linux binary compatability
options         SCSI_DELAY=0            #Delay (in ms) before probing SCSI
options         KTRACE                  #ktrace(1) support
options         SYSVSHM                 #SYSV-style shared memory
options         SYSVMSG                 #SYSV-style message queues
options         SYSVSEM                 #SYSV-style semaphores
options         _KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING
options         KBD_INSTALL_CDEV        # install a CDEV entry in /dev

# Scheduler to use.
options         SCHED_4BSD

# The following options have been commented out for forcing the system to use
# their benefits as modules.
#
#options        MFS                     #Memory Filesystem

# ISA & PCI controllers.
#
device          isa
device          pci

# Audio support.
#
device          pcm

# Floppy drives
#
device          fdc

# Specify floppy devices

# ATA and ATAPI devices
#
device          ata
device          atadisk                 # ATA disk drives
device          atapicd                 # ATAPI CDROM drives
options         ATA_STATIC_ID           #Static device numbering

# SCSI controller and supported devices
#device         aic
#device         scbus           # SCSI bus (required)
#device         cd              # CD

# atkbdc0 controls both the keyboard and the PS/2 mouse
#
device          atkbdc
device          atkbd

# Video card driver for VGA adapters.
device          vga

# AGP GART support
device          agp

# To include support for VESA video modes
#
options         VESA

# splash screen/screen saver
#
device          splash

# syscons is the default console driver, resembling an SCO console
#
device          sc
options         MAXCONS=16
options         SC_HISTORY_SIZE=4096    # number of history buffer lines
options         SC_PIXEL_MODE           # add support for the raster text mode
options         SC_DFLT_FONT            # compile font in
makeoptions     SC_DFLT_FONT=iso01      # default font

# Floating point support - do not disable.
#
device          npx

# Serial (COM) ports
#
device          sio

# Ethernet NICs.
# 'device ed' requires 'device miibus'
#
device          miibus
device          ed

# Various devices
#
device          random          # Entropy device
device          loop            # Network loopback
device          ether           # Ethernet support
#device         ppp             # Kernel PPP
device          tun             # Packet tunnel.
device          pty             # Pseudo-ttys (telnet etc)
device          snp             # Snoop device - to look at pty/vty/etc..
device          md              # Memory "disks"
device          speaker         # Play IBM BASIC-style noises out your speaker
#device         gzip            # Exec gzipped a.out's

# The `bpf' pseudo-device enables the Berkeley Packet Filter.
# Be aware of the administrative consequences of enabling this!
#
device          bpf             #Berkeley packet filter

# Networking.
#
options         IPFILTER                #ipfilter support
options         IPFILTER_LOG            #ipfilter logging
options         IPFILTER_DEFAULT_BLOCK  #block all packets by default

# Zero copy sockets support.  This enables "zero copy" for sending and
# receving data via a socket.  The send side works for any type of NIC,
# the receive side only works for NICs that support MTUs greater than
# the page size of your architecture and that support header splitting.
# See zero_copy(9) for more details.
options         ZERO_COPY_SOCKETS

# RANDOM_IP_ID causes the ID field in IP packets to be randomized
# instead of incremented by 1 with each packet generated.  This
# option closes a minor information leak which allows remote
# observers to determine the rate of packet generation on the
# machine by watching the counter.
#
options         RANDOM_IP_ID

# IPSTEALTH enables code to support stealth forwarding (i.e., forwarding
# packets without touching the ttl).  This can be useful to hide firewalls
# from traceroute and similar tools.
#
options         IPSTEALTH               #support for stealth forwarding

# The following options add sysctl variables for controlling how certain
# TCP packets are handled.
#
# TCP_DROP_SYNFIN adds support for ignoring TCP packets with SYN+FIN. This
# prevents nmap et al. from identifying the TCP/IP stack, but breaks support
# for RFC1644 extensions and is not recommended for web servers.
#
options         TCP_DROP_SYNFIN         #drop TCP packets with SYN+FIN

# netgraph(4). Enable the base netgraph code with the NETGRAPH option.
# Individual node types can be enabled with the corresponding option
# listed below; however, this is not strictly necessary as netgraph
# will automatically load the corresponding KLD module if the node type
# is not already compiled into the kernel. Each type below has a
# corresponding man page, e.g., ng_async(8).
#
options         NETGRAPH                #netgraph(4) system
options         NETGRAPH_ETHER
options         NETGRAPH_PPPOE
options         NETGRAPH_SOCKET