I installed the /usr/ports/comms/mgetty+sendfax to get my
new servers functions completed and found after installing the
port and giving a kill -HUP 1 - the port adds the
line
cuaa0 "/usr/local/sbin/mgetty" unknown on insecure
to /etc/ttys.

After that the system was hosed. After rebooting
the system seemed to got hung in multi user mode.
No vtys and I booted into single user.

Found that /etc/ttys contained passwd entries instead, totally
hosed. It never happended to me that I got FS corruption
like this before.

I took out the mgetty entry and live without fax at the moment
but hope to find a solution soon.

Just install the mgetty+sendfax port in a -current system
answer all the questions in the setup dialog with defaults
and kill -HUP 1 and you'll be left with a hosed system.

--
Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies [EMAIL PROTECTED]