Nate Lawson writes:
 > On Sat, 14 Dec 2002, Andrew Gallatin wrote:
 > > This does not happen if I do not have rp.ko loaded.  I suspect that
 > > the rocketport card needs some setup when power is restored.   It
 > > polls all its ports, so it makes sense that a swi would get clogged.
 > >
 > > I thought it might be sufficent to unload the driver and reload after
 > > resume.  However, it doens't appear to be unloadable now.
 > >
 > > Before I get too far into this,  will unloading rp and reloading it
 > > suffice, or is there a better way which could just allow me to save
 > > and restore the card state so I wouldn't have to reload it on resume?
 >
 > See the device_suspend/resume implementations in various drivers
 > (i.e. rl(4)).

Wow, what a blast from the past! ;)

Shouldn't a driver without a suspend/resume implementation implicitly
veto the suspend?  That's how OS-X does it.

Anyway, I'll worry about this when/if somebody can tell me how to get
my video back after suspending to S3:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:0:0: class=0x030000 card=0x7106174b chip=0x54461002 rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'ATI Technologies'
    device   = 'Rage 128 Pro AGP 4x'
    class    = display

Drew