Hi all!

When I read cdroms with fbsd 5.0, the following message appears in the
console very often (it seems to happen with every cdrom I try):
>acd0: READ_BIG command timeout - resetting
>ata0: resetting devices ..
>done

It is repeated indefinitely and I can't kill -9 the process that is trying to
read the cdrom.
"umount -f /cdrom" also gets stuck and doesn't write any error messages.

The driver in use is cd9660: RockRidge Extension.

I have to reboot to have access to the cdrom drive again. And besides, the
shutdown process does not end every time when the system is in this state.

Is there a means to have access to the cdrom drive again without rebooting?
I have not seen any bug report for this problem; am I right?

Have a nice week-end!
    Jerome