On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 12:20:02PM -0800, "Scott R."
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Just wanted to report that I fixed this problem by adding:
>
> hw.ata.atapi_dma="1"    # Run the CD-ROM/DVD in DMA mode
>
> to /boot/loader.conf.  The system was trying to access the drive using
> PIO4 rather than DMA and crapping out.  I got the idea from another
> thread today with the subject "playing mp3's and burning a cd".  Just an
> FYI.

Oh, nice it was only configuration problem. I wish I had such
problems, they're so easy to fix, hehe. The problem with I/O
(specifically network I/O) I have for a long time is that mouse will
be unresponsive (jumping) and sound skips under X while large ftp
transfer is happening over the 100Mbit interface. Fxp driver and SMP
system if that matters. No cure in the sight.
--

Vallo Kallaste