--On 31. mai 2003 11:22 -0400 Daniel Eischen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
That's what I meant; it didn't work for me.  It got pretty far
through the build but seemed to run out of some sort of resource.
I couldn't tell by the error message what it was, and I don't
have the log anymore.

The last time I tried to build native Java was on STABLE back in the middle of March 2003. This was the java/jdk14 port.
The port stated it needed "1.5GB free disk space in build area!" but it needed approx. 2.2GB here. And it also needed quite a lot of memory (well, "a lot" doesn't really say much - I had 128MB RAM + 256MB SWAP at that time and it wasn't enough). After I gave it enough diskspace and 192MB RAM + 512MB SWAP it compiled fine.

--
Regards / Hilsen
Eivind Olsen