Kevin Oberman wrote:

To get to UFS2, you must newfs the partition. I don't know of nay other way. The basic improvement in UFS2 is the expansion of many fields to 64 bits to allow for much larger structures. While newfs in V5.1 and CURRENT defaults to UFS2, there are no problems continuing to run UFS1 file systems.

Extended attributes, ACL and MAC do not work well on UFS1. I've tried, a decided it was just not worth the pain (particularly since that was rwatson's general feeling about it too).

--
Daniel C. Sobral
Gerência de Operações