Steven Hartland wrote:
> Nope.
>
> On 16/01/2019 23:09, Justin Noor wrote:
> > Hello, I recently subscribed to this email list. I immediately started
> > receiving strange spam, and what appears to be copies of personal emails
> > containing personal information. Is anyone else receiving such messages?

Yes.  Examples:
  Subject: Remmitance Advice  INS6633586
  Subject: Help. Programme for future.

More spam gets through because although freebsd.org has some anti
spam mechanisms, postmaster &/or some list owner do not want to block
postings from non subscribers, which would block more spam, at cost
of blocking some genuine mail from non subscribed users.

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, Consultant Systems Engineer, BSD Linux Unix, Munich Aachen Kent
 Brexit referendum stole 700,000 British votes in EU, 3.7 million globally,