On Mon, Jul 19, 1999 at 05:25:06PM +1000, a little birdie told me
that Stephen McKay remarked

> I gave up using soft updates on root because of the delayed delete
> behaviour.  I kept filling up root while updating kernels.  It doesn't
> gain you much on little used file systems anyway.  So, I recommend
> people leave root alone.

No, don't leave it alone, make it even SLOWER than usual!
/dev/da0s1a on / (local, synchronous, writes: sync 114 async 3850)

Question of the day: Why do I have async writes on a sync partition?

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)     |    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unix Systems Administrator      |    [EMAIL PROTECTED]