On Fri, Jul 30, 1999 at 09:13:52AM -0700, a little birdie told me
that Mike Smith remarked

> I think that the administrator should be forced to override the warning
> manually to indicate that they are aware of the issues they are getting
> themselves in for, or at the very least that there should be some very
> serious warnings placed in the relevant manpages (mount_nfs, passwd(5),
> vipw, etc) covering these issues.a

How about a bit of a compromise on it?
Make pwd_mkdb just spew a warning like
---
WARNING: UID(s) over XXXXX detected, may cause problems.
---
by default, with a flag (-v?) to list the specific ones causing problems.

Warning in manpages are, of course, always a Good Thing.

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)     |    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unix Systems Administrator      |    [EMAIL PROTECTED]