On Sat, 31 Jul 1999 13:39:16 -0400, Adrian Filipi-Martin wrote:

>       I'd be in favor of adding a /etc/pwd_mkdb.conf or some similar
> file.

Eeeuw! :-)

I'm not in favour of this idea, but issuing a single warning for one
or more UID's encountered isn't behaviour that would make retrofitting
your idea impossible if you decided to do it later.

While warnings and error messages should give me enough information
to address a problem efficiently (something on the wishlist of any
Wintendo administrator), once I know there is more than zero potentially
problematic entries, I can used cat, awk and sh to find all the culprits
if I want to.

Ciao,
Sheldon.

PS: Those two paragraphs have nothing to do with each other, by the way.
    :-)