On Tue, 3 Aug 1999, Julian Elischer wrote:

> Very impressive. I hope to have a little time to play with it and
> understand it a bit better. They seem to have support for up to 4.0 in
> some of the files, so maybe they actually have a freebsd user in their
> group.
>
> It's big and(on my p90) a bit slow, but I hope that I'll be able
> to get just the bits I need to make it a bit faster.
>
> 'festival' itself seems to totoally skip the word "FreeBSD"
> when I asked it to say (from the manual)

I'm using a pIII-450 and it pronounces it "freebs".  However if you
spell it "Free B S D" it does just fine.  Seems to do well with most
words I've thrown at it - including some last names (it does mine
almost perfect, but blows some real easy ones).

> [you need..]
>
> A Unix machine, Festival has compiled and run on Suns (SunOS and Solaris),
> FreeBSD, Linux, SGIs, HPs and DEC Alphas but should be portable to any
> standard Unix machine.

Did gmake test work for you in festival?  It did for me in speech-tools
but not festival even tho it seems to work well.  Sure is gonna make some
of these boring README files easier!   ...wonder how hard it'd be to tie
it into the select buffer in X...

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]   flame-mail: /dev/null
       # include <std/disclaimers.h>                   TEAM-OS2