Quite so.  Thank you.  I initially only looked at things like:
19      COMPAT  POSIX   { long lseek(int fd, long offset, int whence); }
from /usr/src/sys/kern/syscalls.master and assumed a 32-bit long int.

The easy way to deal with this is to change the calls in the XFS code.
The syscall part is mostly done.