"Alton, Matthew" wrote:

> SGI has released a portion of the XFS source code under the GPL:
>
> http://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/download/
>
> the source file is xfs_log.tar.gz.
>
> Of greater interest at this stage are the documents in:
>
> http://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/design_docs/
>
> I am currently researching methods for implementing the 64-bit
> syscalls stat64(), fstat64(), lseek64() &etc.  delineated in the
> SGI design doc _64 Bit File Access_  by Adam Sweeney.

The xxxx64 calls are no longer an issue as of IRIX 6.(something 2 I
think) all
the standard calls were converted to use 64 bit types directly.

Have a better one for you to research.
Find out if buffers can be pined? if not what is it going to take to fix
that.

> The BSD-XFS port will be made available as a patch to the RELEASE
> FreeBSD kernels.

Given the size of XFS it might be easier to make FreeBSD a patch to XFS.
<- major humor here.
:-) :-)

> Matthew Alton
> Computer Services - UNIX Systems Administration
> (314)632-6644   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Russell Cattelan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]