> On Fri, 13 Aug 1999, Terry Lambert wrote:
>
> > Has anyone mentioned to them that they will be unable to incorporate
> > changes made to the GPL'ed version of XFS back into the IRIX version
> > of XFS, without IRIX becoming GPL'ed?
>
> Given that they say they're dropping IRIX and going with Linux, I don't
> think it'll be a problem.

Can you please site a reference for this, other than wishful
thinking by the Linux camp?

PS: I fired off a note to Dr. Forest Baskett at SGI (their senior VP
for R & D, and their CTO) about the license, and FS researchers in
the BSD community (e.g. Dr. Margo Seltzer, Dr. Kirk McKusick, John
Heidemann, et. al.) which will be unable to participated in driving
their technology forward because of the license.

I will report the response (if any).

                                        Terry Lambert
                                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
---