Terry,

It is very fine with this example, but I'm not even going to bother
much with it for several reasons, most of which you can find codified
in the development rules for X11 which you can find in Scheiflers
book.

But for the record: your example would get even shorter on
the code we had before I started using the default op sensibly
because all the layers tended to shunt things they didn't
understand to errno rather than pass them through, so in
fact my change took us closer to being able to handle the
rather lofty example you have here.

Once you show me an actual implementation which has a problem
with it, I will look at it again, until then, I think pretty
much everything else is more important (Scheiflers 1st rule :-)

Poul-Henning

>> And what prevents you from taking over the default op ?
>
>It needs to be NULL, not taken over.
>

>machine 1              machine2                machine 3
>
>vfs consumer
>upper proxy <---------> lower proxy
>                       vfs stacking layer
>                       upper proxy <---------> lower proxy
>                                               vfs producer
>
>How do I get a VOP, unknown to machine 2, from the vfs consumer
>on machine 1 that does know about it, to the vfs producer on
>machine 3 that also knows about it?

[EMAIL PROTECTED]               "Real hackers run -current on their laptop."
FreeBSD -- It will take a long time before progress goes too far!