On Thu, Sep 02, 1999 at 04:37:11PM +0200, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> It's certainly something I'd like to take a shot at, yes.  Perhaps I'm
> going about this the wrong way. Perhaps I should first provide a knob
> that allows sendmail to be run non-priveledged. Once that's done, add a
> user for it to run as.

And then once that new user has had considerable time to settle, rip
all the user/group stuff from the mta ports and change them to use an
arbitrary user/group that defaults to whatever you added for sendmail.

But if you go about it this way, give the new user:group time to
settle so that ripping the pkg/INSTALL scripts (which are used for
both binary packages _and_ build-from-source ports) breaks only a few
people.

[I think this has been mentioned before, too, but don't try to change
 the ids qmail uses or the author may try to stand on certain legal
 rights he has retained.]

--
This is my .signature which gets appended to the end of my messages.