> > You bet!  And we haven't even gotten to the topic of the interactive
> > package selection menu yet! :-)
>
> Let alone the Java-based GUI.

In all seriousness, given the stability of the JDK on FreeBSD *plus* the
ability to ship a FreeBSD with the JRE legally (although we don't ship
anything at this time that doesn't come with source), I think it would
be easy to build a slick GUI for FreeBSD.

Unfortunately, as with all 'slick' products we've talked about, it still
requires a working X setup in order to run.  You could do one as a CUI,
but doing it in Java would be just as hard as anything else at this
point. :(

Nate