Alfred Perlstein wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Nov 1999, David E. Cross wrote:
>
> > Ok... I have *had* it with the meta, but not really, lockd.  Are there any
> > kernel issues with correctly implimenting rpc.lockd?

        I can't help with the code, but put me down as both very interested,
and willing to help test. We have a mixed sun, netapp and freebsd nfs
environment, and I have some freebsd machines that I can sacrifice to
the cause. We are pretty desperate for working NFS file locking at work
as well.

        FWIW, we tried the linux version of lockd on linux and not only did it
suck potatoes, it was frequently the cause of that server crashing. I
would stay completely away from it.

Thanks,

Doug
--
"Welcome to the desert of the real."

    - Laurence Fishburne as Morpheus, "The Matrix"