-On [20000315 15:35], [EMAIL PROTECTED] ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
>On Wed, 15 Mar 2000, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
>
>> Seriously though, there's no reason not to have the ISOs up in
>> compressed format though.  I guess given a choice between _only_
>> compressed or _only_ uncompressed I think uncompressed is better,
>> but if the space is available it would be nice to see compressed
>> images available.
>
>How many FTP servers support on the fly gzipping and
>ungzipping? mirror.aarnet.edu.au does...perhaps a little note could be
>placed in .message to remind people to try it...

In all honesty, that's not a very intelligent option when discussing
compressing ISO's.

Compressing ISO's brings along a lot of cpu burn cycles as well as a
large memory footprint.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven          Network- and systemadministrator
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                      VIA NET.WORKS The Netherlands