here's what we can. Somebody send a kernel for an L440GX+ that has pretty
minimal stuff. I'd prefer it to have IDE, no networking, no SCSI, i.e. a
pretty small thing. I'll try to use it as the payload for linuxbios and
see if it boots.

The key is that freebsd may need to change a few things to make it
bootable from cold hardware. I don't think this is for sure, but it may
happen. I hope the team is receptive to such changes ...

ron