> I tried with delay 12000, 6000, 8000 (I admit that i really don't know how
> this
> delay helps) but no use... only putting a CD in the drive while booting helps.
>
> -biju

I just set IDE_DELAY=4000 in my 3.2-STABLE kernel, and now it sees all disks
on both controllers. I think the problem was that one of my IDE disks is a
"Joe IDE device" (TM). Depending on which controller it was put would cause
that controller to be "not found". Ok, my problem is solved - don't know about
that ATAPI drive of yours though...Is it only detected at boot time when there's
a CD in it ? is it detected ok in other OS's without the need for putting the
CD in
?

- Cillian