Oscar Bonilla <oboni...@fisicc-ufm.edu> wrote:
>If anyone has any comments, suggestions, etc. I would appreciate it.

Overall, I like the idea of NSS.  But, having worked on Solaris 2.x
for some time, we need to avoid some of the blunders Sun made: The
biggest problem with Sun's NSS implementation is that it's no longer
possible to statically link an application that uses any of the
get...byname() functions that have NSS backends.

We need to be able to build an application that has no dynamically
loaded code for recovery purposes (/stand and /sbin) as well as for
security.

Peter