On Thu, 5 Aug 1999, Bill Fumerola wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Aug 1999, Andrew Gallatin wrote:
>
> > It was very annoying that the person who wrote the local News &
> > Observer article seemed disappointed that we were not running linux &
> > probably because of that, didn't mention the OS at all in her article.
>
> It's sad it has to be that way. I can't think of another product that
> is treated so poorly in the wake of another's success.

        Hmmmmmmm... OS/2 maybe? :) (Which is not to say that IBM didn't
work very hard at shooting themselves in their collective feet at every
opportunity.)

        But seriously folks, this kind of thing happens all the time in
the computer business. The best way to handle it is to keep smiling and
talk to the ones who will listen, and report accurately. The word is
getting out slowly.

Doug
--
On account of being a democracy and run by the people, we are the only
nation in the world that has to keep a government four years, no matter